Thank you for considering Blue Sky Cremation Service for your cremation needs. This page is designed to help you in your selection of a cremation firm and to guide you through the process. The information on this page should be used in conjunction with the information on our FAQ page.
Your Guide for Choosing a Cremation Firm
- Select a few firms to call for information.
- Ask them to mail information on their prices.
- How were you treated over the telephone?
o Courteous, caring and helpful
o Somewhat friendly
o Cold and unprofessional
- Read the information when you receive it.
- Call the firms you were most comfortable with and make an appointment.
- Compare your experiences at each firm. If you had a good feeling about a firm, it will likely carry over through the entire process.
Items you may need Certified Death Certificates for:
- Property transfers
- Stocks and bonds
- Life insurance
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Credit cards
- A Veteran is entitled to:
o One free certified Copy of the Death Certificate
o A Flag
o A Headstone
o A grave in a National Cemetery
Information regarding Pacemakers, Artificial Joints & Implants
- Pacemakers must be removed prior to cremation.
- Artificial joints are not removed prior to cremation, but do remain intact after cremation and are removed from the cremated remains.
- Implants made from silicone or saline must be removed prior to cremation.
Cremation: The Legal Steps
- Make a will stating your directive for cremation.
- Prepurchase your arrangements and file all documents with your will.
- Inform others of whom your arrangements are with.
- Choose and appoint a willing executor to handle your will.
- Make your executor aware of the location of your will and cremation contract.
- Tell your family or other responsible person about your directive(s).
- Have a Power of Attorney signed and ready.
- Have a Living Will signed and ready. Give copies to family and physician.
- Have a Health Care Power of Attorney signed and ready.
- Include advance directives in your Health Care Power of Attorney, including “Do not Resuscitate” orders and other medical directives dealing with nutrition, hydration, medication, etc.
We are here to help.
Blue Sky Cremation Service has many years experience working with those in need of our cremation services. We care about our clients well being and work closely with them to ensure everything goes smoothly during their time in need. Contact us with any questions you may have. We are here to help!